Thursday, February 22, 2007

Please Sell Me Some Shares…

In my last post I talked about desire as another key ingredient in making meaningful economic progress. Obviously, we have taken a lengthy discussion on the importance of the right mental attitude. It is a pity that some folks still struggle with those two concepts. But you know what? We are not created the same. As such, others will always drag their feet, even on those issues that are quite obvious to the rest of us.

It is not my intention to be dwelling and reflecting on Tanzanian issues only from a negative perspective. Nonetheless, I feel compelled doing that given the fact that stuff that happened in 1980 are still happening in the Tanzania of today. It appears like Tanzanians are not growing at all. If they did, you couldn’t do the same crap over and over again.

I am delighted today. I am delighted because on of the issue I blogged about naintin kweusi finally took a beautiful twist.

It appears the government has granted Young Africans Sports Corporation Ltd an official registration . I once reflected on the inability of Dar-Es-Salaam Young Africans and Simba Sports Club to utilize their minds.

Please read my previous blog on the issue.

Talking about a proper mindset? It appears those manazis at Young Africans Sports Club are loosing the battle and are starting to get it. You know what? Sometimes when you resist change, change will just end up giving you a nice little whipping.

See the problem with the wrong mindset is that one will drag their feet on non-issues. One of the readers of this blog once pointed out that education is key to the transformation of one’s mind. I totally agree. It could have been that Yanga Asili got so stuck in outdated thinking, failing to recognize the Club’s true economic potential. Ignorance really sucks. I mean, how awesome could it be to witness your Club whipping the crap out of the other teams, while you end up getting your dividend distribution at the end of the year!


Apart from an economic stride that Yanga is trying to make, it is my opinion this is a psychological boost for the indigenous Tanzanians. That is because for so long Yanga and Simba have been two big soccer clubs that were nothing but a good depiction of the beggar’ mentality. I mean, these two Clubs could beg despite having so many resources. I have nothing against my brothers of the Asian decent, but I can’t tell how their “sponsorship” of these two teams has transformed and improved the quality of soccer in Tanzania. May be they can argue that internal squabbles and get-rich-quick mentality that Club officials and members entertain contributed to the demise of these Clubs.

I just hope that Young Africans and Simba Sports Club, being the top two teams in Tanzania, will lead the way in transforming soccer in Tanzania. While they do, please let me know how I can contact Young Africans Sports Corporation Ltd and buy me some shares. Guess what? As a shareholder, I would have a voice in how the company is run.

I won’t care whether Mzee Yusuf Mzimba yaps gibberish as long as I get my dividend at the end of the year. I won’t care whether Yanga Asili hijacks the team and take to Bagamoyo (or whatever they do do in hope of making the team win), as long as the rental properties or other business ventures generate enough revenue to adequately pay players, I can hold back my verbal jabs towards them. Trust me, the dynamics in the Club will certainly change, but I hope the Club really recruit top-notch business minds.

I am willing to help. Hopefully, this is a new day for the Tanzanian soccer.

The question is, jamani; why did it take so long?
Photo: Msengi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you brother. Why did it take so long? There was no any reason rather than ubinafsi and people scared of change as you mentioned in your critique. I think Yanga is heading to the right direction, but it has been long overdue. Yanga and Simba must utilize much resource to their advantages. Don’t need to call Dewji or Manji (I don’t like this dude) any time they have financial difficulties.

Another point- TFF must recognize or find a way to help old players who don’t get any support from the Government. Where are they? Where is Peter Tino, Mtagwa, Said Kizota (dead by a car accident)?

Hiza

Jaduong Metty said...

@Hiza
Though some people do not agree with the notion of mindset as a key ingredient in making progress, the fact remains that it is.

The Yanga and Simba's situation, even at the TFF level is a clear indication that we have a long way to as far as our thought process and how we want to achieve certain things. If I have to sum what TFF is - it stinks.

Some of the players you have mentioned would have been inducted to some sort of a soccer hall of fame, instead of just letting their legacy disappear.

The encouraging news is the Yanga are stepping towards the right direction. Hopefully, Simba and other clubs will look at soccer from an economic perspective.

When you see Tanzanians bragging about Arsenal or ManU, then you know that something has to change in our thinking.