Sunday, January 20, 2008

That's Moving Forward...(3)

I am not going to hold back giving praise when praise is definitely due. I recently put up a post, highlighting the fact that it only one office in Dar-Es-Salaam was charged with birth and death registration. From my perspective, that wasn’t only stupid given the population statistics of Tanzanians, but also was a nice way of creating a corruption breeding environment.

Well, I just come across this story, and I was definitely thrilled to learn that there is a Registration Insolvency and Trusteeship Agency (RITA), which is charged with the responsibility of birth and death registration at a ward level. I think that is brilliant and it makes perfect sense.
For that, I commend the government for doing what is sensible. Above all, that's moving forward...
---
Photo Credit: Mjengwa

No comments: